Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Just Why is Laughing Great?

Not surprisingly, there are countless advantages to laughing. The positive characteristics of laughter are virtually endless.
Did you hear that a few recent experiments suggest that laughing can prevent you from craving that unhealthy food? Instead of reaching for potato chips, reach for a funny movie or a silly video.

Now, more than ever, stress levels are high worldwide. Laughter reduces stress levels in the body. So how does laughter reduce stress, exactly? Good question.

There are chemicals in the body that cause stress. Laughter reduces the level of cortisol, epinephrine, and adrenaline in our bodies. These hormones cause stress. What's more, it increases endorphin produciton. Laughter may also strengthen our immune system. What does this mean? It means with each laugh, we can get a healthier body and a stronger immune system and less stress.

A quantity of people say they need sexual intercourse, others say they need a good cry or a great laugh. I'm sure you've felt a release after a great laugh at some time in your life. Laughter provides an effective physical—and chemical release. If you need a good laugh, I suggest hanging around someone who makes you laugh, or even simpler—look at some ridiculous videos online or something of the sort.
Also: how to work your abs? A hard laugh. When you laugh, oxygen-rich blood moves all throughout your body.
Back to busting stress, laughter can be a great distraction to get your mind off of your negative or woeful feelings. Laughter is also associated with positivity. You seem to become more happy, absorbed in the moment when you laugh. Your stresses melt away.

The following story happened to me. Right now, I am a Guest English Teacher in Seoul, South Korea. And the Korean people like to do things at the last possible moment. One time, exactly one minute before my class was began, they told me that my class had been changed and I was to see twice as many students as normal. What's more, these were students I have never seen before. So I essentially had a minute to get my things together. I started to laugh because I thought that it was kind of funny. I ended up teaching a great class that day. Had I not laughed at the situation and stressed out instead, I would have been more nervous, less confident, and probably would have bombed the lesson.

Having a sense of humor is good for relationships. There is nothing more beautiful than sharing a laugh with another human being. Attention bachelors: one of the sexiest traits a man can have, according to women, is a sense of humor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment